Sat, Jan 21|
Embody Wellness Center
Advanced Mindfulness Doula Training
A mindful doula is a sustainable doula
Time & Location
Jan 21, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Embody Wellness Center, 251 E 1200 S, Orem, UT 84058, USA
About the event
You're a seasoned doula with years of experience—
you're beginning to wonder if this work is sustainable.
You're a new doula just starting out—
you're bombarded with doubt, fear, lack of confidence, and overwhelm.
Have you wished for more tools in supporting yourself and your clients
to feel more grounded, connected, and at peace?
You've found your way here for a reason!
Mindfulness is a mindset and process of self-awareness that can improve your relationship with self and transform the way you engage with your clients. In your personal sphere, mindfulness has the potential to unlock deep wells of contentment by cultivating present-moment awareness and radical acceptance of self. With practice, you can attain peace, clarity, and joy. You can learn deep self-care on the thought level, which spills out into your emotional state and physical body. When you are fully present, self-aware, and honoring the needs of your body, you're creating longevity in your doula practice and modeling powerful skills to your clients.
In the birth space, too often our clients are preparing in an "outcomes-based" way and defining their birth experience solely by those met ("My birth was a successful VBAC!" "I had an unmedicated water birth.") or unmet expectations ("I ended up with a c-section." "I had a failed hypnobirth.") We can continue to help our clients in their outcomes-based preferences while also teaching them how to foster a mindset of "accepting what is" without judgment, shame, self-blame, victimization, or trauma. This way of preparing for birth is both compassionate as well as transformative, allowing all birthing individuals to experience birth as a rite of passage regardless of outcomes—and not as a "pass or fail." Mindfulness is the single most powerful tool I have been able to share with my clients for improving birth outcomes and personal empowerment.
This advanced doula training covers:
- Deep self-care and radical self-acceptance for a more sustainable doula practice
- How to help your clients prepare through mindset, emotions, and mind-body connection
- The 3 Gates of Mindfulness: Body, Breath & Brain
- Mindfulness scripts for prenatal, labor, and postpartum scenarios
- Gentle movements that invite release and self-awareness
What are the prerequisites for the Bhava Birth Mindfulness Advanced Doula Training?
- You must be a trained or certified Birth Doula (or other trained birth provider, such as midwife, nurse, IBCLC, etc.)
What is the cost, and what's included?
- Total investment: $525
- One full day of connection, nourishment, and interactive mindfulness practices
- Delicious meals and healthy snacks
- Bound + printed booklet
- Community support and continuous learning: Bhava Birth Mindfulness Doula FB group & monthly Mindful Mondays (in person or Zoom)
You will leave this interactive training invigorated and confident, ready to introduce mindfulness concepts into your birth practice, with the added option of affiliating with Bhava Birth.
Are you ready for connection and insight? See you soon!
Saturday 9 am - 7 pm
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner + Snacks included
Embody Wellness Center / Orem
Bhava Advanced Doula Training
This enrolls you into the Bhava Birth Advanced Doula Training in Orem, Utah