Bhava Birth Advanced Doula Training
Time & Location
About The Event
Are you a seasoned doula with years of experience, or just starting out? Have you wished for more tools in supporting your clients from a mind + body perspective, not just mentally/informationally? By training with Bhava Birth in our continuing education course you will set yourself apart through a well-rounded mindfulness approach. You also have the option of collaborating with Bhava Birth to add our unique prenatal resources and/or comprehensive childbirth education course to your services! Whichever path you choose, you will gain an entirely new skillset to add to your repertoire:
- The 3 Gates of Mindfulness: Breath, Posture + Voice
- Mindfulness practices for doulas and clients
- Simple and effective emotional processing tools for the childbearing year
- Hands-on support with Ayurvedic marma points
- Tools for working with clients after loss or trauma, and crisis support "pod mapping"
- Ideas and template for hosting Birth Circles (gatherings for honoring birthers in their rite of passage)
- Better self-care practices to prevent burn out and help you grow and maintain a vibrant business
Bhava Birth is based in yoga philosophy and builds on the foundation of movement, meditation, and breath. This advanced doula training is a two-day retreat overflowing with mindfulness immersion, hands-on teaching, yoga, community, and opportunities for personal growth. Once you have completed the course requirements and attended the full retreat, you will be qualified to advertise yourself as a Mindfulness Doula!
What are the prerequisites to apply for the Bhava Birth Mindfulness Advanced Doula Training?
- You must be a trained or certified Birth Doula
- BONUS, but not required: Postpartum training/certification, Childbirth Educator (CBE), Certified Yoga Teacher (CYT)
What is the cost, and what's included?
- Total investment: $525
- Includes printed booklet, laminated labor guides, & exposure to Bhava Birth online content (3 albums, 4 yoga classes, 7 interviews)
- Includes online community support: Bhava Birth Mindfulness Doula FB group
- Your name (with affiliation status) will be added to our directory of Bhava Birth Mindfulness doulas which will increase your exposure and online presence!
What are the requirements to complete my training?
- Attendance at the Advanced Doula Training 2-day retreat
- Assistance/Guest teaching at a Bhava Birth couples retreat (minimum 6 hour commitment)
- Completed reading list
- Applying the techniques learned at two live births (when possible) and filling out feedback forms
What are the different levels of affiliation I can have with Bhava Birth after I am trained?
- Option 1: ALL THE THINGS. You incorporate the Bhava Birth Course (which includes both online content as well as manual and in-person retreat) into your doula packages. This is a great option for doulas who LOVE what Bhava Birth is all about and want their clients to have access to EVERYTHING and who may not have the capacity or desire to create their own childbirth education approach. This option is a great way to stack value in your packages through collaboration with Bhava Birth. This also allows you to charge top of the market prices even as a brand new doula. Plus, you will have the skillset, training, and permission to market yourself as a Bhava Birth Mindfulness Doula and be on our online doula registry! (This option is a contractual agreement between yourself and Bhava Birth.)
- Option 2: ONLINE CONTENT. You incorporate the Bhava Birth online content (3 albums, 4 yoga classes, 7 interviews) into your doula package. This is a great option for doulas who already offer, or who hope to be offering, their own childbirth education and want to incorporate aspects of the Bhava Birth curriculum into their own approach to provide a more well-rounded preparation for their clients. Plus, you will have the skillset, training, and permission to market yourself as a Bhava Birth Mindfulness Doula and be on our online doula registry! (This is a contractual agreement between yourself and Bhava Birth.)
- Option 3: NO AFFILIATION/TRAINING ONLY. You attend the training and expand your doula toolbox that will go with you wherever your practice takes you! This is a great option for doulas who already offer, or who hope to be offering, their own childbirth education and want to incorporate their own style of mindfulness practices into their approach and don't foresee an affiliation with Bhava Birth curriculum or events. This training stands alone and will provide a solid foundation for a mindfulness approach to doula work. Plus, you will have the skillset and training to market yourself as a Mindfulness Doula! (No contract!)
What are the benefits of an affiliation with Bhava Birth for my doula business?
- Adding HUGE value to your packages, allowing you to charge top of the market prices even as a brand new doula!
- Being able to provide comprehensive mindfulness childbirth education to your clients, which leads to better birth outcomes and maternal satisfaction
- An automatic welcome package for your clients, depending on which level of affiliation you choose (see above) that you can deliver to them upon contract signing
- Community support with other mindfulness doulas
- Multiple streams of marketing for your business, and ours--everyone wins!
You will leave this 2-day retreat invigorated and confident, ready to serve the birthing community in your local area. Are you ready to step into this incredible opportunity to start changing lives? We warmly welcome you!
*meals provided, lodging not included
Friday 4 - 8 pm (dinner included)
Saturday 9 am - 4 pm (breakfast + lunch included)
- Bhava Advanced Doula Training$525$5250$0